Rye Grain (Hydrated & Sterilised)
£12 – £13.75 (incl. VAT)
Sterilised and perfectly hydrated rye grain for spawn production and bulk mushroom grows. 100% organic. Sold in genuine Unicorn Bags double sealed with integrated autoclave sterilisation indicator.
We’ve heard countless stories of people buying spawn and hydrated grains from home-producers, only to receive under or over hydrated grains, or worse, contaminated bags.
We are masters in spawn production, with multiple spawn production runs each week. We offer our 100% Sterility Guarantee for 30 days so you can rest assured you’re getting the best, or your money back.
Unicorn Filtered bags: 0.75kg, 1.2kg & 1.5kg. All with injection ports.
- Perfectly hydrated with filtered rain water to a consistent moisture content of 55%
- Can be used with liquid cultures or any number of our spore syringes (though risk of contamination is higher with spore syringe). Ready for inoculation.
- Guaranteed sterile or your money back
- Suitable for beginners and advanced growers
- Thoroughly washed before soaking
- Made from certified UK grown organic grain
- Soaked in a weak spent coffee grounds solution for added nutrients
- Added horticultural gypsum at 8% to help keep grains separated and to add essential minerals and trace elements to support vigorous mycelial growth
- Prepared in the same way we make our commercial spawn bags
- Suitable for all mushrooms cultures
- Made fresh to order 3 times a week
Made fresh to order, please allow up to one week for delivery. FAQ’s below.
Free Delivery Option for all orders over £60
Discreet Shipping as Standard
Backed by our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
£12 – £13.75 (incl. VAT)
Frequently Bought Together
What are the little black bits in the rye grain?
We add a small amount of spent coffee grounds to our rye grain soak water to increase nutrient diversity. Mushrooms love coffee grounds!
The grain looks dry and powdery, is it OK?
That’s the gypsum. We add 8% gypsum to our soak water before boiling. It add’s essential minerals to the rye grains and can be used as a supplmement at almost all stages of mushroom production. It’s got the added benefit of stopping the grains from sticking together in the bag, allowing for a faster and more healthy colonisation with less chance of contamination.
Gypsum (Calcium Sulphate)£1 – £9
Log Sealing Wax£5.50
Synthetic Filter Discs (SFDs)£4 – £33
Brown Rice Flour (Organic)£3.50 – £81
OUT OF STOCKOUT OF STOCKOUT OF STOCKOUT OF STOCKOUT OF STOCKOUT OF STOCKOUT OF STOCKOUT OF STOCKOUT OF STOCKOUT OF STOCK
Autoclave Sterilisation Indicator Tape£10